Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 February 2013

NEW PJ's

Slapped some quick paint on a couple of mini's last night between attempting to put together the Grenadier Death Giant and a Rafm Great Chthulhu both of which are seriously taxing my patience and doing me out of drill bits (so far I've managed to snap two).

First up we have an Ancient Citadel C03 Cleric (third row down on the right)
http://www.solegends.com/citcat1983comp1/citcomp1025-01.htm


Nice and simple paint job, nowt special, next up we have a Citadel Ghost from their Night Horror range.

I'm not 100% convinced with the finished paint job on this guy and will probably re-visit him at some point in the future.

Next up we have an Earthdawn mini that I'm using as a sort of interdimensional visitor, I can't get this guy to photograph properly, the purples are more vivid in 'real' life I promise:

Now we have some EM4 miniatures proto shoggoths, again going to be used as summoned entities:

That's all for now this week, I might possibly be able to show the fully assembled monstrosities later this week but that all depends on my ability.


6 comments:

  1. Sometimes we learn the most when things don't come out as we planned. When I first saw your ghost I though it to be way cool, then I read where you said it is a ghost. So as a ghost it doesn't quite work - perhaps the colors should be less rich? Think of it as an evil water spirit though, and it is very good. You do nice work, keep it up (even if things don't always come out as planned).

    Nick usually blogs at Spotting Round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think I need to add a little more blue to the mix make him a little more 'ghostly'.

      Delete
  2. The ghost does look a little like possessed green stuff! The summoned entities are really cool though man, I really like the colour shifts on the legs of the first one. Did you do all of those in one night? Cos that would be ridiculous speed painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much over two nights, I can sometimes have quite a turn of speed when I put my mind to it. The summoned entities where mostly done with various washes so were pretty easy to paint up. Now you've mentioned that the Ghost looks like animated green stuff that's all I can see I think I'll slap some more washes on make it a little more ghostly.

      Delete
  3. Hi - great blog! Really like your minis. Never heard of EM4 before but took a look at their stuff and really liked them - especially the proto shoggoths. The Night Horror ghost you painted is also cool. I actually painted the very same a while ago. If you want too see it, it's on my blog: http://realmofcitadel.blogspot.se/2013/06/night-horrors.html. Thx/Hans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, I've just started following your blog, you've got some awesome paint jobs up on your blog, I shall be checking in regularly :-)

      Delete