Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 June 2012

DISAPPEARING UNDER A LEAD MOUNTAIN


Just thought I'd share with you pictures of what I'm working against, here's my stuff that's almost ready to get to the painting table:
Everything in here should be based up and most of it is undecorated ready to go it's just a case of me ever the time to paint it. On top of this I've got a crate of un-based treasures that I keep adding too:
The most recent additions are these old citadel goodies
All the old school action over on the awesome Realm of Chaos blog http://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/do-you-have-miniatures-wish-list.html has re-sparked my old school citadel love and currently this lot is winging it's way to me from ebay:
There's just something about the old school citadel stuff that has wonderful character that I feel most of the current Games Workshop stuff is lacking, it's probably partly nostalgia but the new stuff doesn't have the same soul... Anyway moving on, I just scored these awesome tomes at the charity shop for £1.50 each:
I've mainly bought them to look a the pictures as I have no intention to play fantasy roleplay and completely lack the space or a castle to play siege games but still they are still nice things to own and will be added to the pile of unused rule-books

Moving on from old oldhammer I finished up some more zombies, first up are some foundry plague victims:

I've tried to keep them time period neutral so they could be used for modern systems along with fantasy settings. I went for different base colours and washes for them all to give them a different finish and look.

Next up are a couple of Alpha force mutated zombie's

 I love the look of these mini's the bursting head tumours and the general John Carpenters 'Thing' look they have going for them.

This update took about ten times longer than it should have as I kept getting distracted by the awesome BBC documentary 'Punk Britannia', if you can get on the BBC iPlayer and give the three part series a go it's well worth it.

8 comments:

  1. Holy shi-...........

    Well you do not have a time limit on when to have them finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The logic I'm using on my wife is that whenever we get round to having kids I won't be able to afford any mini's as all my money will be going on gifts for the child so essentially this mountain is a stockpile that will hopefully cover the first 18 years of it's life and keep me busy until we manage to kick it out :)

      Delete
  2. Drooools. Nice storage and wow what a pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the storage is made up of trays for keeping beads and jewellery etc I found in hobby craft.

      Delete
  3. At first I thought that case was a bookshelf, and a little part of me died. Great zombies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That would be amazing though, a whole bookcase full of mini's...

      Delete
  4. great work on teh zeds! more please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a zed break at the moment as all I've painted for the last couple of weeks is rotting pink flesh :) I'm trying to fly through a couple of old citadel orcs this week but I will probably have some more zombies done next week

      Delete